Monday, December 22, 2008

Just in time for her to go to Hawaii!!!

I finished the Entrelac Scarf (ravelry link) and pseudo-Fetching mitts....JUST in time for my friend to be going to HAWAII for Christmas! LOL At least she'll have them for when she returns to work in Jan.

Sweet Pea 1 grudgingly modeled these for me. These were in my last post but they've been blocked since and the pictures are better here.

Specs: Fetching pattern with a few modifications (in the notes on Ravelry). I mis-read the pattern so there is a cable at the wrist which should be at the top of the glove, but I thought it would be fine since my friend has small hands.
Yarn: Malabrigo silk blend (30% silk, 70% merino extrafine wool).
Needle: US7 (I think)





Specs: Finished size 9" x 58" My friend is 5'1. I think she'll be warm!
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Lite #2018 - 4 skeins
Needle size US5








Now back to knitting a couple more presents.

5 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Happy holidays to you!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Beautiful job! LOL that she's going to Hawaii as soon as she gets them. A really considerate friend would change her plans and go skiing instead. :D But that may just be sour grapes on my part since I'm FREEZING right now.

Mokihana said...

That scarf is so beautiful!!

Pensguys said...

Thanks, everyone!!!

Bev Love said...

You have inspired me with all these beautiful colors. I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award, details on my blog.