Saturday, June 21, 2008

On Hiatus, Finished, New Aquisitions

The Brigit socks below are on hiatus. I am mad at them for the moment but will get back to them at some point. They can sit in the corner for awhile. :)

I have a finished project to show off. At LONG last the Chevron Scarf is complete. (Sorry for the blurry pix.)





Specs for this project:
Needles: Size 3 Knitpicks Options
Yarn: Socks that Rock Medium weight Monsoon and Cherry Tree Hill Northern Lights.

This was the most boring project I've ever knit so far I think. I love the effect now that it is over, but I don't love it enough to knit it again.

I gifted it to my best friend, Lisa, and she loved it!

In the new acquisitions, I have traded yarn or received from my clubs some very interesting yarns.

Here are a few:

This is Ravissant in Bling. This came from one of my sock yarn clubs. I really like this was hoping for something a little darker in more of an eggplant purple. It will be a scarf of some sort eventually. This is the last of my subscription from Zen Yarn Garden.




Next is June Bug from Yarn Pirate. I'm trying to trade or sell this yarn...NOT my colors at all. This was the last shipment from my YP subscription.



Shibuiknits (don't know the color number/name and I'm too lazy to get up) Received this yarn in trade for some Yarn Pirate I think. Nice browns and burganys in this.



This was the May offering in the Socks that Rock Club. Incredible Shrinking Violet. I love the purples, but I'm not sure which socks this shall become.



Last but not least is Socks that Rock Thistle - I received this yarn in trade for I don't remember what, but I really like the colors in this. I don't know if I'll want to do socks out of this or not. It will definitely simmer in my stash until I can decide.



Believe it or not, I'm getting burned out on socks for awhile. I'm working on a pair now and I'll post about those soon. After those are finished, I'm going to take a break from socks for a month or so and focus on a few other things....but I'll save those other things for another post.

2 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Very pretty chevron!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Love the scarf. :) And the new yarn, too. I'm drooling over a couple of those, especially the Shibuiknits. Have I mentioned that I think it's my favorite yarn? :D

I started my knitting again, but I can't seem to find time to post. :P It's getting the pictures all formatted and uploaded that takes all of my time, but I figure it's not much of a knitting blog without pics. :)