Monday, January 15, 2007

A way to achieve finishing those UFOs

I ran across this link from Pixie Purls podcast. I think it is a great way to help me work on those UFOs (Unfinished Objects). To be fair I only have a baby blanket, a pair of socks, and a hat to finish up....I think.

UFO Resurrection Challenge 2007
Because I clearly do not have enough to do...

A while back, I mentioned that I was going to try to pull out and work on or frog a UFO per month in 2007. People seemed interested, so I thought I'd officially open sign-ups.

The Rules
1. Each month in 2007, find a UFO (unfinished object). This makes a total of twelve (12) for the year. You do not need to have a list of all twelve at the beginning of the year - you can go month by month if you'd like. (I plan to.)
2. You have two options for that UFO:
a. Work on it. You don't have to finish it that month, if it's something big, but it must be added into your rotation of "active" projects. A token row or two does not count. ;-)
b. Frog it. If you don't want to work on it anymore, rip it out and move on.
3. Post on your blog each month (or comment if you don't have a blog) about the project you're resurrecting.
4. Everyone who finishes will be entered into a prize drawing. And even if you don't win anything, you'll have twelve fewer languishing projects making you feel guilty!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

If one doesn't have any UFOs, can one start something in the last day of a month, and call it a UFO the next morning?

These exclusive competitions... I suppose I do have 2 UFOs. Maybe I should frog the one that is a swatch, and do something about the other.

Pensguys said...

I don't have a clue...I didn't make up these rules! LOL

I try to stay pretty monogomous to my one project until it is finished, but I've let a couple slip through the cracks.

I figure I might win something! :)

Beth said...

Penny,
Spit splicing is a wonderful thing. You can't believe it would work or that it would hold but it joins your yarns together invisibly.
Check out this link
http://morcatknits.typepad.com/spitsplicing/

How are your Fancy Silk Socks coming along?

Christine said...

I just heard about the UFO challenge yesterday - I'm thinking it would be a great excuse for me to get some of these lingering projects wrapped up and out the door!