I finished Popeye's cap tonight. I started it last night and got about half way finished, then had time to finish it up tonight.
I love this swirly design in the crown where I decreased.
The model was asleep so I had to pose.
Stats for the project include:
Pattern is Knit 'Shortie'.
Yarn is from my stash....Cascade 220 in Charcoal Gray.
Modifications: I made it a little longer by adding in about 3 extra rows before the decreases. I also did one extra row of decreases at the end leaving 4 stitches befoer I brought tail yarn through and sewed in the end. I did not change to the size 8 dpns, but knit it in size 7 circular until it was hard to knit, then changed to size 6 dpns.
I'll be using the same pattern for the caps for the boys. It will be longer on them, which is what they want.