Tuesday, July 22, 2008

That Silly Man of Mine

Last night at dinner, I made a comment to everyone that Popeye (aka Daddy) needs to tell me what would be a good day for me to come to the town where he works (near us) so he and I could have lunch together.

Popeye: You could come over on Wednesday.

Me: Well, I really can't on this Wednesday, but we need to figure out another day and it has to be at least a Wednesday or a Thursday.

Popeye: Why?

Me: Because after we eat lunch, I want to go check out the new yarn store.

Popeye: Oh!!!!!!!! There is an ulterior motive! I've heard of playing second fiddle before, but not playing second NEEDLE!

Me: (laughing) No, I'm just killing two birds with one TRIP is all. :)

2 comments:

tiennieknits said...

hee hee :)

Lizzie said...

I just found my way here from your other blog. Very lovely. I am knitting some great rolled brim hats for Christmas too!
My new baby hats have been a blast to make, there is a photo somewhere on my recent blog posts. Your man is a hoot!
Hope you had a great day,
Lizzie in Ma